We aim to continue to improve the quality and breadth of PE provision at Manor Hill in 2019-20 by:
We will continue to review this strategy to ensure impact throughout the school year.
Last year we~:
- Engaged with specialist training for different sports was provided to staff as part of their Continuing Professional Development. All pupils will benefit from working with coaches for at least 1.5 hrs per week on an agreed programme of Sports.
- Expanded the extra-curricular offer to enable 100% of pupils to access a sporting club. 2 after school sports sessions, 2 lunchtime sports clubs and 2 healthy living breakfast clubs have been available.
- Purchased sports equipment for use during the ‘Active Hour’ during which the whole school engages with a sport of their choice.
- Supported transport to Multi School competitions and events.
- Introduced weekly swimming to the Y4 timetable to ensure maximum progress towards national expectations.
- 27% of pupils attended extra-curricular sports activities.
- Funding was used to support the cost of transport to allow pupils to attend Multi School Competitions this year.
- 16% of pupils participated in the ‘School’s Gotta Dance’ event at the Stafford Gatehouse Theatre.