At Manor Hill, Music provision is integrated into the curriculum with the support of Entrust Music Service. Through a whole class, inclusive, music-making approach, all children have the opportunity to begin a lifelong musical journey. Entrust works closely with Manor Hill to:
- Enable all children to have the opportunity to express themselves musically.
- Cover the main areas of musical learning including: Performing, composing and improvising, aural awareness and reflecting and evaluating – please see Skills progression map.
- Offer opportunity to experience learning and playing instruments – see Whole class teaching framework for percussion.
- Deliver lessons by and support from a specialist teacher that has a high level of knowledge, skills and experience.
- Develop and provide pathways (continuation) for those children who may wish to develop their musical learning.